SAP BusinessObjects BI (also known as BO or BOBJ) is a suite of front-end applications that allow business users to view, sort and analyze business intelligence data. The suite includes the following key applications:
Crystal Reports — Enables users to design and generate reports
Xcelsius/Dashboards — Allows users to create interactive dashboards that contain charts and graphs for visualizing data
Web Intelligence — Provides a self-service environment for creating ad hoc queries and analysis of data both online and offline
Explorer — Allows users to search through BI data sources using an iTunes-like interface. Users do not have to create queries to search the data and results are shown with a chart that indicates the best information match.
The suite is the result of SAP’s October 2007 acquisition of the French company Business Objects.
B O Web Intelligence
Web Intelligence is a tool for analyzing the organization’s business information and creating ad-hoc reports.
Web Intelligence is a tool for business users which provides an easy-to-use interface for analyzing data in a data warehouse to help with the decision-making business process.
Its capabilities range from basic and simple to very complex reports and web intelligence allows users to share the information throughout the enterprise easily.
Business analysts access the information using their everyday business vocabulary without having to understand anything about the technical way the information is stored in the data warehouse.
Web Intelligence is accessed from the SAP BusinessObjects portal InfoView via an internet browser. Once opened, users can create and edit Web Intelligence documents and analyze the data displayed in them. With the InfoView portal those documents can be shared with other users, scheduled, printed out or send via email.
Web Intelligence uses universes (created by datawarehouse developers or modelers) to access the data and provide a business oriented view of the data. This results in the fact that the users have access directly to the source database allowing for robust query and analysis options (they are not limited to a personalized OLAP cube for instance) which helps significantly in responding to everyday questions and resolving problems.
We at CogniSoft Technologies have certified and experienced trainers to help you make the most BO WebIntelligence
BO Platform 4.0
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform is the business intelligence platform that supports the entire range of performance management, reporting, querying, and analysis applications. It has proven architecture and platform support for semantic layers, data integration, and security. SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0 provides full web-based administration and
configuration of the entire system.
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0:
• Extends the information infrastructure provided by earlier releases and integrates seamlessly with the existing product line.
• Supports all deployment models and lets you fine tune administration and configuration of the entire system.
• Brings together features from across the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Suite to meet your evolving reporting needs, from providing web access to Web Intelligence, to improving SAP Crystal Reports interactivity and personalization.
• Facilitates migration from SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise 5.x and 6.x to SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0, however you need to migrate to Release XI 2.0 first.
• Delivers new tools to drive user productivity and self-service reporting.
• Delivers more reporting capability with fewer reports.
• Includes a variety of major enhancements spread across our data access methods, administration capabilities, and report design options.
• Simplifies business monitoring with dashboard functionality and improved user experience.
• Delivers the strongest self-service query and analysis solution for SAP customers.
We are always a call away to help organizations realize the potential of the BO platform 4.0 and help train their existing or new workforce on the same.